Email Marketing Trends for 2021. Email Marketers are sending 27% more emails than they did pre-coronavirus. Email Marketing is back! Today we’re looking forward to the hottest email marketing trends and by the end of this blog, you will know what’s hot and what’s not in 2021.
1. Artificial Intelligence in Email Marketing
List segmentation, content analysis, and effective outreach are all the tasks that AI can already do better than humans. There’s also evidence that the scope of AI’s abilities is increasing, meaning it’s time to get a grip of how to use AI and optimize email marketing campaigns effectively.
2. Hyper-Personalization of Email Marketing
If you think that personalization is not that important, have a look at these statistics. Upon receiving a non-personalized or mistargeted email, 94% of customers reported doing at least one of the following things
- 65% Automatically Delete emails.
- 54% Unsubscribe from emails.
- 45% Categorize emails as ‘junk’ or ‘spam’
- 29% Become less willing to buy products.
- 13% visit the website less frequently.
- 10% never visit the website again.
So, what are the benefits of personalization?
Personalized messages have an ROI 0f 122%. Personalized subject lines can generate approximately 50% higher open rates than standard subject lines.
How to get the most of personalization?
This trend is particularly important, here’s how to get the most out of it.
- Tailoring messages and promotion by audience segments.
- Recommending products or content by audience segment.
- Use of triggered emails sent based on visitor/user/shopper behavior.
- Recommended product or content on an individual basis.
3. Email Marketing Automation: Drip Campaigns
In 2021 email marketing is stepping away from manual campaigning and using automation more often. Why? Automated emails enjoy 119% higher clicks rated than broadcast emails.
Email Marketing Automation (n)
Email Marketing Automation (Mailcot Email Drip Campaigns) involves a sequence of trigger-based emails instead of sending one-time shots. The specific action taken by users triggers the launch of the sequence. Drip campaign emails create a much ‘friendlier’ communication between each side. They are not overwhelming: all the necessary information comes in ‘drips’, saving the efforts of having to traipse through have to copy.
- Emails are more responsive.
- Create much friendlier communication.
- Are not overwhelming.
The customer gets the exact information they need. To be in control of how accurate your automated email process is, you should delegate the task to a dedicated CRM system. This way, you will always know who is in your pipeline, what’s happening to them, and where.
4. User-Generated Content
User-Generated Content (UGC) is any form of content by end-users of your goods or services. Roughly 70% of all the consumers base their purchasing decision on reviews and ratings from other users. Therefore, when email marketers include these in their emails, they come up with the levels of trust toward the product and services promoted.
UGC is content in itself. If you’re struggling to meet your email content quotes, you can always rely on user content to spice up a campaign and put a new spin on it.
5. Interactive Emails
Interactive responsive emails are the holy grail of email marketing. They boost customer engagement and significantly increase email interaction. Some interactive email elements are expected to sizzle in 2021.
- Animated buttons and CTAs.
- Rollover effects to showcase product offerings.
- Interactive image and product carousels, controlled by the user.
- According to features designed to make long-form emails more compact.
- Service polls and user-generated active content
All these are rightly connected with another interactive email marketing trend- email marketing gamification.
6. Email Redesign
Every year, fashion weeks around the world offer us an insight into what’s going to be trendy in the upcoming seasons: colors, fabric, and shapes. In the same way, web-design trends change from season to season, dictating how a successful email copy should look like.
In 2021, the hottest email design trends cover the following areas.
- Minimalism: Uncluttered well-structured: Marketers predict that love for minimalism will soon be reflected in email campaigns. Uncluttered, well-structured emails with a single objective and minimum irrelevant details are going to reign supreme in the coming year.
- Dark Mode: Ever since apple introduces dark mode, it has become more and more normal across different brands, platforms, and systems.
- Bright and Bold Colors: Make yourself seen, while you don’t want to overload an email with too much imagery, you definitely want to attract a subscriber’s attention with daring color blocks.
7. Focus on Privacy
When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was launched in 2018, the world of email marketing changed. In 2021, focusing on data privacy remains an ongoing email marketing trend. Only 8% of consumers trust brands to keep their personal information safe. Being thoughtful and providing your subscribers with an option to unsubscribe from mailing lists ensures an email list remains fresh.
You should review all the legislation regarding electronics privacy, and include all the elements in future email marketing campaigns to ensure compliance.
All in all, we can already say that 2021 is about to be a challenging, but interesting year. Follow these email marketing trends and get growing.